Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Speaking Sportswise

I'm a professional journalist. Mostly covering artistic concerns such as books, theater and music. Occasionally, I get the chance to write about sports. But if I'd had my druthers, I'd've launched a career as a sportswriter long ago. I have a huge appetite for, and knowledge of, baseball and football. I like basketball okay, but it's not my long suit. Still, especially when the NCAA Tournament comes around, I like to think I know my general roundball business. I also enjoy the world of golf. (As for hockey, you can have it.) The "big three" is basically where I'm at, and you can expect plenty of football discussion at this site. Moreover, expect a wealth of opinion on the media of sports: how it's covered, how the scribes and announcers relate it, how the players act on and off the field, how the fans react, what the experts are saying--in short, anything that relates to the games and the guys (and, where applicable, the girls) involved.

This is a huge time of year, what with the NFL in full swing and the baseball playoffs hot and heavy. So roll up your sleeves and get ready to join in with the newest, rockingest, frankly-est opinionated and entertaining online sports outlet.

Sincerely,

Martin Brady

No comments: